Monday, December 01, 2008

Smith update

Do you ever get so overwhelmed you aren't even sure where to start? That's me!
I'll say we have a very nice Thanksgiving with Randy's family. We were in Floresville from Wednesday to Saturday. We enjoyed a wonderful meal, family and lots of football. When I get time I'll post some pictures. The guys in the family always have an annual game...it's pretty funny to see the "old" guys gimp around when it's all over!
School is going fine, but I'm really looking forward to being done. I won't be teaching preschool next year. I decided even though Olivia has one more year at the preschool, I'm going to focus my work time to the children's ministry at church. I have some great ideas of things to do, but really don't have the time to accomplish them all when I'm working 2 jobs. Just a few more months and then it will be all church.
My brother Doug started radiation today. Just praying for a good results and that he gets through it without too many side effects.
Christmas shopping for the girls is done! I'm grateful for that, but still some to do for Randy and a few other people. I have something almost every weekend this month, so I'm a little overwhelmed. Not sure what I'm going to do for Christmas cards and don't even have the girls Christmas dresses yet. I'm really trying to commit to not letting the "stuff" of Christmas overwhelm me. I do have the house decorated, now I just need to get the boxes put away.
Randy is still training very hard for the half marathon in January. I miss working out everyday, but am so proud of him. Maybe I'll take on the challenge again next year.
The girls are doing well! They are excited about Christmas. It really was a lot of fun decorating with them, they loved it. Kristin loves everything about the lights, the music and just Christmas in general. She's so aware of the true meaning of Christmas too!
That's about it for the Smith Update....pictures soon!

2 comments:

DiesFamily said...

Thanks for the update Anne :) I'm sure a little snow would help you slow down and enjoy Christmas, right? :)

Melodie said...

You are a hard worker!! I'm sure your girls and Randy benefit from that! :) Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am happily married with two wonderful daughters! I have two part time jobs - Children's Director at Second Baptist Church AND Preschool teacher at the Methodist Day School. I also am a FULL TIME mom! I love it all!