Friday, April 25, 2008

Teacher Appreciation week

Did you know that May 5 - 9 is teacher appreciation week? I didn't remember until I got an email today about it, but for those of you who have children in school thought you might want to know. I remember my last year in GA when I taught at North Cobb Christian School there was a week of celebration for the teachers. We had something special each day of the week. It was really great. It's just nice that near the end of the school year when everyone is ready for summer that the teachers really need to feel appreciated!

Also, for those of you who aren't teachers, but might want to find some extra things for your kids to work on this summer there are a few web sites that are honoring teachers during that week. Learning A-Z family websites will open one of its six password-protected websites each day of Teacher Appreciation week. So teacher (and others) can download and print differentiated teaching materials. Not sure if this is anything that can be used by my readers, but thought I'd pass it on anyway:
May 5: ReadingA-Z.com
May 6: Raz-Kids.com
May 7: WritingA-Z.com
May 8: VocabularyA-Z.com
May 9: Reading-Tutors.com
May 12: ScienceA-Z.com (this is a bonus day)

I looked at each of these sites and it looks like there are some good things to download. I know I'll be checking them out for sure! Feel free to pass this on to any friends or family that are teachers. This was from an email that was sent out by our district and it was encourage to forward to others!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anne for these valuable links.
Have a great Teacher Appreciation Week!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am happily married with two wonderful daughters! I have two part time jobs - Children's Director at Second Baptist Church AND Preschool teacher at the Methodist Day School. I also am a FULL TIME mom! I love it all!