Monday, December 29, 2008

SURPRISE

Have you ever tried to surprise someone and it actually work!? I'm not a very good secret keeper from my mom. I mean I can keep a secret, but I pretty much tell my mom everything. Well, this time I kept the secret as did my brothers and sisters, sister in law, and my nieces and nephews! I started looking into flights for my family to go to Indiana for Christmas. It was crazy expensive, so I just decided it wasn't going to happen. Then I found out my brother Brad and his family were coming, so it made me want to be there even more. Then I decided to go through cheaptickets.com and realized if we fly the day after Christmas the tickets would be $700 cheaper. TOTALLY worth it. So I decided not to tell my parents, but I did tell my brother and his family. Then it became even more exciting because 2 of my nieces from Florida were coming too! So...low and behold the day after Christmas, with MUCH flight hassle - won't even get into all that - we surprised my parents at 11:30 at night. I SO wish I would have had a camera on my mom's face when we walked up to the front door! We are having a wonderful time, it's super cold, but no snow. We've enjoyed a couple trip to Ivanhoe's already (you have to know Upland, so there is no reason to explain), TOPPIT tonight for supper, and I've even seen a couple high school friends! What a treat to spend so much time with my family and my girls are just having a blast getting to know their cousins a little bit more. I do wish all of my family would be able to be together, but maybe next year!
I do love a good SURPRISE!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am happily married with two wonderful daughters! I have two part time jobs - Children's Director at Second Baptist Church AND Preschool teacher at the Methodist Day School. I also am a FULL TIME mom! I love it all!