Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goals for the new year

Happy New Year - 2009!
I've decided not to make new year's resolutions this year, but to set some reasonable goals! Here are a few:
1. Get back in shape...this time last year I could run over 10 miles easily...not I can't hardly run a mile without passing out. That's what happens when I let Randy train for the half marathon this year. I don't want to run 10 miles again, but at least 2 or 3 without feeling like I might die would be nice.
2. Try to send birthday wishes to all of my nieces and nephews on or at least NEAR their special days! I used to be really good about sending cards, but now TEXT messages or emails will have to suffice!
3. Be better at STUDYING the bible. I mean I read my bible on a regular basis, but how much time do I spend actually STUDYING it? Not nearly enough. Randy got me a Chronological bible for Christmas, so now I have a new tool to use. I'm very excited.
4. Read more Nonfiction books. Actually this last year I didn't read as much as I used to, but this year I want to read to learn and not just for fun. I mean fiction every once in awhile are good too, but for every fiction book, I need to read a nonfiction one too.
5. Spend more time playing with my children. Don't get me wrong, I play with my kids, but as time goes by I realize they are getting bigger more quickly... or at least it feels that way. I want to spend time playing, reading, and just enjoying this time in my kids lives!
I've also set some goals for the children's ministry at work, so I have a lot of work to do this year. Just goals...no resolutions!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am happily married with two wonderful daughters! I have two part time jobs - Children's Director at Second Baptist Church AND Preschool teacher at the Methodist Day School. I also am a FULL TIME mom! I love it all!