Saturday, April 04, 2009

What a day!

What a day!
It started early for a Saturday (6:30am). I guess my body is just used to getting up early, so instead of being lazy like I usually do I actually got up and had a WONDERFUL quiet time! Our church was having a work day this morning to get things looking pretty, so I decided I was going with or without my family. It just so happened they all got up and got ready quickly and we headed to the church. It's amazing how quickly things get done when a good group of people show up. The church looks so good and it will only get better as more flowers grow!
I then headed home for a quick shower and then back to church for the Ladies Spring Luncheon. Jennifer did a GREAT job putting it together and there was a good turn out. The food was yummy and the speaker was really good. It was on perspective. It really hit home with me, so it was a good time.
Then Jennifer and I headed to Kohl's! I'm SO proud of Jennifer as she's lost over 30 pounds and needed some new clothes. It really was a lot of fun. I think it's the first time in 10 years I've shopped for myself with a friend. It's usually shopping for the kids, but this time we each bought ourselves outfits! What fun.
When I got home I then got the girls and we headed to WalMart - what fun - not really. It was good to spend time with the girls since I really hadn't seen them much today and they were really good, so that made it easy.
Now I'm home, writing this. The girls are heading to bed and I'm SURE I will follow soon. What a day!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am happily married with two wonderful daughters! I have two part time jobs - Children's Director at Second Baptist Church AND Preschool teacher at the Methodist Day School. I also am a FULL TIME mom! I love it all!